Reading time 8 minutes
The role of the Internet in human life is becoming more and more important, part of life takes place in the virtual space – social networks, instant messengers, websites, games. Life is constantly evolving, new technologies and achievements greatly simplify communication and provide more opportunities for obtaining information.
How to learn how to properly use the resources that the era of the Internet gives? What are the advantages and disadvantages of the virtual world? In the article, we will consider in order all the topical issues.
The role of the Internet in the life of a modern person
The virtual and real world in a person s life is now polarizing, there is an imbalance, there is a departure from reality, a large stay in the Internet. Someone learned to find a balance and use the Internet to achieve goals, advertise, promote a business or communicate with friends, find new acquaintances, for someone it becomes a substitute for real life, and not a means for realizing life plans.
The role of the Internet in a person s life depends on a certain personality, the ability to allocate time resources, to make the necessary accents.
<< Table of Contents >>
Pros of virtual reality
- access to a huge amount of information – virtual libraries, scientific articles, reports, educational materials, trainings. Allows you to quickly find information on any topic, helps in obtaining new knowledge;
- chatting with friends, finding new acquaintances – it s amazing when, after years, people find each other on the network (classmates, classmates, distant relatives, childhood friends). Social networks and messengers make it possible to communicate with people located in different parts of the world;
- exchange of files, information – the presence of e-mail, virtual disks has greatly simplified the transfer of information, letters, now within a few seconds you can send letters, the necessary files. The modern world operates at high speeds, while earlier mail went for months to other countries;
- virtual cinema – movie lovers can find and download any movie, get acquainted with the latest releases, watch online, an incredible database;
- virtual love – more recently it looked like a fairy tale, now more and more people find a soul mate through dating sites or social networks. The reason is modesty, busyness, more opportunities for communication with our guys, girls and foreigners. There are also dating agencies that help connect hearts in the virtual world. There is a new role for the Internet in human life;
- sports reviews, broadcasts – For sports fans it is easier to track match statistics, watch recorded games, you can always keep your finger on the pulse. Television did not provide such opportunities;
- new music, famous hits – there are music sites, portals that allow you to follow the emergence of new music, download tracks, listen to your favorite music online;
- virtual stores – online – goods are becoming very popular, they minimize the time for shopping, and make life easier. People can buy things, services, both in our and foreign stores, using payment cards, as well as book tickets for transport, going to the cinema or theater.
The role of the Internet in human life is constantly growing, there are quite a few advantages, the world has become different, now it is impossible to imagine the life of a modern person without the Internet (search for recipes, knitting patterns, data on medicines), there is information about everything. Why are psychologists sounding the alarm, what are the disadvantages of the influence of the Internet?
Cons of virtual reality
- Internet addiction – a person cannot live without a constant stay in social networks, checking mail, loses contact with the real world, leaves current problems, is forgotten, this is found among insecure people, with complexes, and often among representatives of the younger generation who avoid personal communication preferring the virtual.
In this case, the role of the Internet in human life exceeds the importance of the ordinary world, which loses its meaning, seems gray and uninteresting. In virtual reality, a person can create his own image, image, become whatever he wants, this leads to an internal imbalance. It is better to change real life and engage in self-development than create illusions.
- Medical problems – frequent use of the Internet leads to a sedentary lifestyle, causing vision diseases, decreased immunity, decreased appetite, disorders in the musculoskeletal system, headaches, heart and vascular disorders are often found.
- New opportunities for fraudsters – thanks to social networks, a stranger can get a lot of personal information, there are calls to find out the data of payment cards, when they introduce themselves as bank employees, you should not trust such people, most likely they want to write off funds from the card through payments on the Internet. It is also better to buy goods, pay for services on trusted sites.
The virtual world in a person s life is becoming irreplaceable, it can provide tremendous help in finding information on any issues (medical, household, scientific), the main thing is to learn how to use it for its intended purpose, aimless wandering in social networks forms addictions and negatively affects the psyche, as well as a hobby for computer games.
The disadvantages of the development of the Internet in people s lives are mainly associated with psychological addictions and physical inactivity, people communicate less in real life, and the ability to communicate decreases. It is important to find a balance between the virtual and real world.
The role of the Internet in human life has been growing lately, and communication is often reduced to correspondence and chats, it is worth adding variety to life – theaters, cinema, exhibitions, walks also allow you to spend time with good company in a pleasant company.
Research has identified the root causes of youth s need for the Internet
- Freedom of choice, freedom of communication, freedom of expression.
- Access to new and relevant information (latest news).
- A sense of globalization, a person perceives himself as a part of a worldwide network, and not a specific city or country.
- Convenience and efficiency in shopping and data exchange, sending photos, files.
- Obtaining information in the process of studying at a university, most of the knowledge is drawn from virtual repositories, standard libraries are visited less and less.
Thus, the Internet in human life has its own advantages, how to use the virtual space for self-education correctly?
Internet and self-development
Online world: the importance of the Internet for the development of people is irreplaceable, there are many ways to gain knowledge – virtual and audio books, libraries, video tutorials, training programs.
The role of the Internet in human life is increasingly reduced to obtaining knowledge, information, and necessary data. Indeed, the virtual network gives incredible opportunities to every person, the main thing is to learn how to use them, to discover the necessary methods and resources.
The online world for self-development is used in the following cases:
- there is a need to master a new specialty, a field of knowledge without visiting an educational institution, everything is possible with aspiration, diligence and self-organization;
- psychological self-development – a person constantly strives for self-knowledge, development, most of life situations – victories and failures, are associated with the human factor, and not external circumstances. It is worth working on yourself, changing your life. To help a large number of literature, trainings;
- blogging is one of the ways of self-knowledge, self-expression, transfer of life experience, accumulated information, knowledge to the people around.
The role of the Internet in a person s life is becoming indispensable in terms of learning, gaining knowledge, there is no longer any need to run around the book market in search of the necessary literature, it is much easier to find and download useful information. With high self-organization, you can achieve brilliant results in the development of any field, profession, foreign languages.
We offer a list of resources that allow you to get valuable knowledge for free
- https://www.skillshare.com/- free learning site, lessons on various topics;
- https://www.khanacademy.org/ – video tutorials and courses for listeners from all over the world;
- https://www.codecademy.com/ – a special site for teaching software development;
- http://ffc2016.startupnotes.org/ – a special startup school, many stories of successful people, life experience, practical advice;
- http://how.co/ – a platform for business, taught by successful entrepreneurs;
- http://startuptalks.tv/ – the site contains information about various business projects, areas of activity;
- http://rocketship.fm/ is a weekly training program taught by successful businessmen;
- https://ru.coursera.org/ is an international online learning program created by professors at Stanford University (there are Russian subtitles). Contains over a thousand courses.
There are many Russian-language resources that help in self-education and self-development.
- https://postnauka.ru/ – a site for fans of news in the field of science, the latest research, ideas, discoveries, first-hand information, articles by famous scientists;
- http://arzamas.academy/ – this platform assumes the format of humanitarian serials “, helps to remember the forgotten and learn new things about art, literature, philosophy;
- https://thequestion.ru/ru/feed – a site for all people striving for knowledge, built on the principle of questions and answers, you can participate in discussions, get new information;
- https://www.lektorium.tv/ – a site for schoolchildren and university students, contains video courses on various subjects;
- http://www.teachvideo.ru/ – a resource for studying it-technologies, various computer programs;
- http://elementy.ru/ – the site is dedicated to popular science topics, new reviews, articles, discoveries, questions and answers;
- https://lingvist.com/ru/ – free study of foreign languages ??(English, French).
Special interactive program
YuoTube plays a huge help in learning and obtaining information, which has become indispensable for listening to courses, lectures, video lessons on various topics.
The special role of the Internet in human life is no longer in doubt, the virtual network becomes an assistant in the development of new knowledge, obtaining information from professionals in various fields. Self-improvement is an endless process, the main thing is to set goals and constantly develop, whoever seeks will always find ways.
People are mistaken who believe that it is enough to get an education at a university, the modern world is developing rapidly and in order to keep up with it, you need to be aware of current trends in the right areas, receive new information, and master new approaches.
The space of virtual reality often becomes the second educational institution, giving chances for self-development, education in almost all industries, specializations, and there are a large number of free educational platforms and libraries. The most popular libraries are – https://4brain.ru, http://www.koob.ru).
Thus, the Internet in the life of a modern person has a multifunctional meaning, promotes communication, exchange of information, self-education. It is worth getting the maximum benefit and minimizing harmful effects. Any discovery of science and technology can be both beneficial and harmful, it all depends on the ways of application and the tasks that people set themselves.
The role of the Internet in human life cannot be called unambiguously positive or negative, it all depends on the context and the use of the possibilities of the virtual world, a lot of opportunities have opened up for many people: online professions, online stores, access to the knowledge of international universities. Each person discovers something of his own, special, by connecting to
For the Internet, it is important to be aware of what is useful and what is a waste of time, a leak of a valuable resource.
We wish to find our own ways of self-development, including using a virtual network!